About NanoTech Auto
When it comes to looking after your vehicles, whether it is a car, commercial van or motorbike, NanoTech Auto can provide you with amazing levels of exterior and interior protection in a way that nothing else will do.
There are two different formulations in our Automotive Product packs, one for soft interior surfaces and the other for the hard exterior surfaces.
Download the information sheet here lgs-automotive
Exterior Protection For Your Vehicle
The liquid glass shield coating will protect the exterior of your car with a super smooth surface that repels rain, sleet and snow on contact.
The coating will even stop ice and snowmaking a strong bond to the windows, which means that you can say goodbye to all that strenuous scraping on those cold, frosty mornings.
Ideal for use on your windscreen, your windows, the paintwork, chrome trims and alloy wheels, NanoTech Auto treatments offer many advantages, such as;
- Reducing the build-up of dirt on your car – so that it doesn’t need to be cleaned as often.
- Making your car far easier to clean when it is dirty – but with minimal, if any, detergent required. You’ll notice, in particular, how easy it is to remove road tar from your paintwork.
- Stop brake dust from sticking to, and damaging, your alloy wheels – Brake dust is very hot when it’s deposited onto your alloy wheels. The result is it bonds to the surface of the alloys, is corrosive and is very difficult to remove. Liquid Glass Shield works at temperatures up to 450°C. Alloys treated with it will collect less dust but what does collect will not bond to the alloys, so, it can’t cause corrosion and is very easy to clean off.
- Giving you that ‘Just waxed’ look – without having to wax the car ever again!
- Protecting the paint and the lacquer on your car - so that bird droppings won’t ‘eat in to’ the lacquer or paintwork – and they’re much easier to remove.
- Reducing the incidence of light abrasions in the paintwork/lacquer – keeping the paintwork in tip-top condition.
- See the rainwater, literally, ‘run off’ your windscreen/windshield as you drive down the road in the rain – When on the move, this superhydrophobic effect works in conjunction with the natural airflow over the vehicle to rapidly disperse water droplets. This is particularly useful on higher speed roads such as motorways and freeways as visibility and driving comfort is vastly improved in adverse weather conditions*.
- Stopping snow and ice from making a strong bond to the windscreen and windows – making it significantly easier to clean them on those cold, frosty mornings with no more strenuous scraping required.
* In independent tests these treatments gave drivers a one second advantage over non-coated windows. This is because recognising objects became easier, allowing for better preparation when it came to hazard and obstacle avoidance.
As you can see, the exterior protection that NanoTech Auto provides gives you some very special benefits.
There’s nothing else that can compare!
Interior Protection For Your Vehicle
NanoTech Auto Protection for the interior of your vehicle. There are major advantages when it comes to treating and protecting the carpets and upholstery of your car, van or motorbike.
The benefits for protecting the interior of your vehicle;
- Protect the carpets (and carpet mats) from spills, soiling and staining – the application also makes the carpet very easy to clean once it’s been applied.
- Protect the upholstery of all seats and door panels against spills, soiling and staining – particularly useful for families with young children.
- The carpets and the upholstery will be very easy to clean – once the coating has been applied liquids and solids are easily removed and will not stain.
- Minimises the build-up of oxidisation on the inside of the windscreen/windshield – in particular, by minimising this build-up you can minimise any condensation/fogging that occurs.
- Protect your baby's Car Seat. Although it isn’t strictly classed as the interior of your car, you may find it useful to apply our treatment.
This will offer all of the above benefits to the fabric on the car seats, as well. You’ll be amazed at the result.
Can You Protect Leather Upholstery with NanoTech Auto treatment?
This is a very good question and the answer depends on the finish of the leather. Having said that, NanoTech Auto will only enhance any level of protection that already exists.
Some leathers are finished with a surface coating which does provide a reasonably good level of protection. Others, generally the more expensive, softer feeling leathers do need protection. You can check which leather you have a simple test.
Place a drop of clean water on to the leather. If the water is absorbed into the leather, there is no surface coating and you should definitely apply Liquid Glass Shield. If the water doesn’t get absorbed into the leather, there is a surface coating. However, this coating can crack and wear over time, so, our advice would be to apply Liquid Glass Shield as part of a ‘belt and braces’ approach.
Alcantara is another material that’s now used in many up-market cars and it, too, will benefit greatly from the protection provided by NanoTech Auto.